Despite CNN’s promotional push for a repeat showdown between Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) and former vice president Joe Biden, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) won the Drudge Report and Breitbart News’ spot polls as the winner of Wednesday night’s Democrat debate for her lampoon of Harris, Breitbart reported.
Gabbard won the Drudge poll with over 39 percent of the vote, with Yang coming in second at 24 percent. Joe Biden came in third with 15 percent, while de Blasio came in fourth at five percent. In Breitbart News’ poll, Gabbard won 50 percent, Andrew Yang came in second at 20 percent, former Vice President Joe Biden came in third at eight percent, and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio fourth at seven percent, Breitbart reported.
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard took on Sen. Kamala Harris over her prosecutorial record as a District Attorney and Attorney General in California and her poor record on criminal justice reform, the war on drugs, and prosecutorial misconduct during the second Democratic presidential debate in Detroit. Real Clear Politics has the entire transcript.
SEN. KAMALA HARRIS: Now, I would like to also talk about this conversation about Eric Garner, because I, too, met with his mother. And one of the things that we’ve got to be clear about is that this president of the United States, Donald Trump, while he has been in office, has quietly been allowing the United States Department of Justice to shut down consent decrees, to stop pattern and practice investigations.
Harris was interrupted by CNN moderator Jake Tapper, when she jumps in again: … Civil Rights Division — this is important. The Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice said charges should have been filed, but this United States Department of Justice usurped — and I believe it is because that president did not want those charges to go forward. And they overrode a decision by the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice.
GABBARD: I want to bring the conversation back to the broken criminal justice system that is disproportionately negatively impacting black and brown people all across this country today. Now Senator Harris says she’s proud of her record as a prosecutor and that she’ll be a prosecutor president.
But I’m deeply concerned about this record. There are too many examples to cite but she put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana.
She blocked evidence — she blocked evidence that would have freed an innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. She kept people in prison beyond their sentences to use them as cheap labor for the state of California.
Many on Twitter were thrilled with the takedown.
- Kamala Harris was DESTROYED at the #CNNDebate by Tulsi Gabbard. Confronted for being a Corrupt Prosecutor & hypocrite. TRUMP Supporters been Exposing her. Old news
- Tulsi Gabbard was fighting for our freedom when Kamala Harris was locking up parents of truant students mostly low income minorities. Keep that in mind! #Tulsi2020 #KamalaHarrisDestroyed
And the Russia collusion nuts were out in full force:
- When you wake up to see hashtag #KamalaHarrisDestroyed trending, you know the Russian troll bots and trumpers are worried about Kamala Harris, bigly.
- And what’s top story at RT (Russia Today) this morning after #DemDebate? Of course, what everyone saw right? social media going wild for Tulsi Gabbard, populist, after she went after establishment Dem Harris who happens to be on Senate Intel Committee (Russia Investigation)
- The #KamalaHarrisDestroyed hashtag is primarily MAGA supporters and bots. That, plus further researching Tulsi Gabbard has me pretty convinced that Tulsi is a plant for the right and the 2020 version of Jill Stein.
And just when you think there’s no sign of intelligence on Twitter, here are the winners:
Kamala Harris waving goodbye to her chances of being president after Tulsi Gabbard steam rolled her pic.twitter.com/ZsK1kVxPY7
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) August 1, 2019
— Jesse Kelly (@JesseKellyDC) August 1, 2019
Breaking News! Former Prosecutor @KamalaHarris faced prosecution last night at the #DemDebate2 .
After 2 seconds into deliberations the American People found her guilty of all charges! Tulsi Gabbard sentenced her to bed! #KamalaDestroyed https://t.co/JasHKpJMrY
— Terrence K. Williams (@w_terrence) August 1, 2019
Latest posts by Katy Grimes (see all)
- California Parents’ Lawsuit to Block Racist, ‘Social Justice’ Agenda on Children Instruction in Santa Barbara Schools Moves Forward - October 21, 2019
- California Rep. Katie Hill Allegedly Had ‘Throuple’ Affair With Young Female Staffer - October 19, 2019
- Gov. Newsom Named in Federal Lawsuit Targeting New Statewide Rent Control Law - October 18, 2019