California public schools are in dire straits. Teachers who support Western Civilization are fired. Pornographic sex ed is taught to Kindergarten students. Social justice, environmental justice, “unconscious bias” and “inclusivity” instruction, take priority over U.S. History, Math, English Literature, and Science coursework.
Recently I received copies of 11th grade U.S. History curriculum in the San Diego Unified School District – “from the perspective of groups that have been marginalized due to ethnicity, race, class, gender, and sexual identity.”
“Identity and Agency in the US” is an option to fulfill the U.S. History requirement for the 11th grade. “This course is an ethnic studies course, and not a US History course,” a parent said.
“In this course, students will examine U.S. history from the nation’s beginnings to the 21st Century from the perspectives of groups that have been marginalized due to ethnicity, race, class, gender, and sexual identity. Students will analyze primary and secondary sources to develop arguments and use historical thinking skills, including contextualization, comparison, causation, and continuity and change over time, to evaluate instances of oppression and progress towards equality. They will the study the influence of legal, political, philosophical, and technological forces on issues of equity and access, as well as the contributions of individuals to the fight for social and racial justice. Through their investigation of U.S. history, students will explore the American identity and learn to appreciate and respect the similarities and differences that characterize the people of this nation. They will also understand that individuals can make a difference, and can become agents of change by challenging prejudice, exclusion, and injustice in society.”
“Attention will be paid to policies and the impact of those policies on Native Americans, African Americans, and women.
They will watch the PBS documentary “Race: The Power of An Illusion” to gain a better understanding of the institution of slavery.”
A San Diego Unified parent sent me this letter she sent out:
On Monday, our son attended a school wide assembly in honor of “Constitution Day.”
He is in the 8th grade at Correia Middle School. Imagine my surprise when he handed over the ACLU’s “We The People” poster (above) and pamphlet highlighting important lessons such as, “What to do if you are stopped by Law Enforcement / ICE/ Border Patrol.“
Although I have not seen the actual presentation, the politically motivated poster, the directive to “ask for an attorney immediately if you are ever arrested,” tells me all I need to know.
Did anyone at San Diego Unified consider that its’ own police department is being undermined with this propaganda?
Do you think Correia Middle was the only school in the second largest district in the State of California to be graced with this non-partisan educational assembly?
Someone is clearly not being a good steward of the taxpayer funded instructional day.
Please share this information with anyone you feel would be interested in learning how the SDUSD and ACLU is exploiting Constitution Day.
Last fall, I covered a similar significant curriculum change in “California Schools Pushing Racist, LGBT, SJW Agenda on Children,” and explained:
The Santa Barbara School Board is considering three memorandums of understanding that would allow Just Communities Central Coast to continue to plan and facilitate teacher development and training programs addressing diversity and inequality issues. The Just Communities Central Coast’s mission is ostensibly to improve inclusion and empowering individuals from schools, nonprofit organizations and other entities, because “Social change doesn’t take place in a vacuum.”
Parents filed a federal lawsuit in December in the United States District Court for the Central District of California on behalf of Fair Education Santa Barbara against the Santa Barbara Unified School District and JUST Communities Central Coast. That case is still pending.
In May, despite hundreds of parents protesting and testifying, the California State Board of Education approved highly controversial changes to the state’s health and sex education framework including teaching children about bondage, anal sex, pederasty, sex trafficking, sexual orientation and transgender and non-conforming students.
Informed Parents of California pulled together the most objectionable portions of the 1000 page framework document in a 24 page summary with excerpts for K-6th grade health lessons, complete with pictures of some of the recommended supplemental materials, included in a California Globe article.
This curriculum also includes:
- Kindergarten books that introduce 5-year-olds to families with members who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender.
- First grade gender vocabulary lessons on words such as third gender, trans, queergender, non-binary, gender fluid, gender neutral, agender, bigender, and two-spirits.
- Lessons for 1st graders that provide detailed descriptions of sex with these quotes such as: “The man’s penis goes inside the woman’s vagina,” and “sperm can swim out through the small opening in the man’s penis – and into the woman’s vagina.”
- Pictures in a book for third graders showing a cartoon drawing of a penis ejaculating sperm while inserted into a vagina.
- Lessons which teach third graders that sexual reproductive organs don’t always match a person’s gender.
- Recommendations that fifth graders are taught sexual health lessons that must include examples of same-sex sexual activity. Students should not be separated by sex during these lessons to avoid “misgendering” students.
- Books that introduce 10-year-olds to anal sex, and the slang for male and female genitals.
Parents warn that if the state continues to push this sexualized curriculum on their kids without opt out options, they will pull their children out of school in protest, causing schools to lose the “Average Daily Attendance.” The state of California funds school districts based on each student’s daily-recorded attendance.Constitution Day
- New Lawsuits Against Alameda Co. and LA Mayor for Violating CA Public Records Law - September 29, 2020
- Soros Dumps Another $2.5 Million into George Gascón’s Race for Los Angeles DA - September 28, 2020
- Tom Steyer Selling San Francisco Home Because of ‘Climate Crisis’ - September 26, 2020