Joe Biden is getting away with the worst action of any president in my lifetime. Illegal immigration, which poses an existential threat to the U.S., is being enabled by our government and no one seems the least bit interested in putting an end to it. Millions of unvetted migrants are streaming across the border and being shipped around the country in direct violation of U.S. immigration law. This is nothing short of treason.
We can’t assimilate the 20 million or more illegal aliens that have smuggled themselves into the U.S. so far. Try to imagine what will happen if we take in 20 million more. We have admitted another seven million since Biden took over. “By the end of Joe Biden’s first term,” said Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, “nearly 20% of all Americans will be here illegally.”
The economic and social costs of Biden’s open border policy will tear us apart. For the record, here are the negatives:
• U.S. national security and public safety are being undermined by the avalanche of unvetted, low-skilled, uneducated, third world economic migrants. The social costs of deadly drugs, violent criminals, terrorists, and COVID spreaders constitute the worst public safety issue since World War II. Biden has ceded control of huge swathes of the border to Mexican criminal cartels. U.S. deaths due to drug overdoses topped 100,000 for the first time ever, the vast majority from fentanyl imported from China and Mexico across our southern border by the cartels.
Biden’s lax immigration policy makes it virtually impossible to prevent Muslim terrorists from committing atrocities in the U.S. The Intelligence Division of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Department has warned that terrorist groups like Hamas are infiltrating our country through the open southern border.
FBI Director Christopher Wray warned this week that terrorists may be plotting an attack on the U.S. in the wake of Hamas’ terror attack against Israel. “We assess that the actions of Hamas and its allies will serve as an inspiration the likes of which we haven’t seen since ISIS launched its so-called caliphate years ago,” Wray said while testifying before the Senate Homeland Security Committee. “In just the past few weeks, multiple foreign terrorist organizations have called for attacks against Americans and the West.” With Joe Biden’s help, they are coming across the border.
• As millions of aliens are permitted to enter the U.S. illegally and sanctuary cities and states can deliberately disregard federal statutes, the rule of law becomes a thing of the past and we no longer have a country. Mass illegal immigration, if unchecked, will eventually lead to the destruction of the two-party system and the forced implementation of socialism by the left wing of the Democratic Party.
The plan of the Democratic Party is to use dubious forms of ID in order to give voting rights to people who are euphemistically referred to as “undocumented immigrants.” Democrats believe that if they can add enough voters from among the immigrant population, a Republican will never again be elected to office and the Dems can (a) re-write the Constitution and (b) muscle through their Green New Deal or some other totalitarian socialist nightmare. Obama’s ideological heirs will have a free hand in fulfilling his promise to “fundamentally transform America.”
If the intake of illegal aliens continues at the current rate, the Democratic Party will be in a position to impose totalitarian rule on the United States.
• The economic toll of unchecked immigration will destroy the U.S. economy and cost an untold number of jobs. At a time when runaway inflation is driving millions of Americans into the poorhouse, we are being forced to provide public assistance to millions of freeloading non-citizens.
The extent of disruption in local communities is catastrophic. American communities are being torn apart by the deliberate influx of “refugees.” Crime is rampant. The economic resources of local communities are being overwhelmed.
The open border policy “is an inside attack on our democracy,” said former Trump policy adviser Stephen Miller. “The president is working systematically to allow people to invade our country against our laws to consume public benefits, to take American jobs, and to threaten public safety.”
• Biden’s open border policy weaponizes millions of unfortunate human beings for a political purpose—the Democrats want more immigration on the assumption that most illegals will vote Democrat. We are not doing America a favor by accepting an avalanche of new residents who are unable to support themselves. We are not doing millions of aliens a favor by exposing them to the horrors they must endure as they trek through Mexico and attempt to infiltrate our border.
Thumbing its nose at the public, the administration continues to insist that the border is closed.
In direct contradiction to his statements and his sworn duty to uphold the law, DHS Secretary Mayorkas has encouraged millions to ignore our laws. Illegals are crossing the border waving foreign flags and assaulting our border guards. They obviously have no respect for US sovereignty and believe they have a right to all the goodies they expect to receive once they get across. These are not the people we want to welcome into our nation.
Donald Trump had the border under control. He understood that we cannot afford to admit everyone who wants to come, nor is our government under any legal or moral obligation to satisfy the desires of the entire planet. Trump’s policy forced migrants to remain in Mexico while awaiting their immigration proceedings in the US. Reversing that policy and opening the border is an act of treason.
Article III of the U.S. Constitution states: “Treason against the United States shall consist . . . in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.” By supporting sanctuary jurisdictions, refusing to pay for the wall, and allowing the border to remain open, Biden is giving aid and comfort to aliens who show contempt for our laws and sovereignty and who, by definition, are enemies of the United States.
What disturbs me the most about Biden’s open border policy is that our citizens don’t seem to care. The administration doesn’t talk about it, the media won’t cover it, and the public doesn’t seem to give a damn. An ABC News poll shows that the most important issues for registered voters are the economy and inflation. Secondary issues are abortion, gun violence, and climate change. Immigration does not even show up in the poll results.
This lack of concern is a message to the Biden gang that they can continue to demonstrate contempt for the US Constitution without consequence. Biden is weaponizing government agencies to attack his political opponents. Freedom of speech is on the block. If we want to stop this march toward totalitarianism, we have to find a way to reverse Biden’s immigration policy and we need to do it now.
- Biden’s Immigration Policy is an Act of Treason - November 2, 2023
- California Denies Parents the Right to Raise Their Children – Welcome to 1984 - September 8, 2023
- Close the Border or Lose Our Country - April 8, 2019