California Gov. Gavin Newsom has a little public relations problem: the state he governs is a dangerous shithole and an albatross around the neck of all Democrat politicians.
Newsom, who fancies himself presidential material, is on a media PR tour to distance himself from the repercussions of his COVID orders locking down the entire state, “nonessential businesses,” churches, and schools for over two years. Newsom cut off access to Capitol media, holding solo “press briefings” with only a pre-authorized television camera to record.
Newsom is also trying to feign anger about the filth, degradation and destruction to his home city of San Francisco, of the world’s most beautiful cities. But all of the state’s large cities – Oakland, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, Fresno, Redding… suffer the same fate under Newson’s governorship.
At Dreamforce this week, Newsom announced that his office will file an amicus brief with the U.S. Supreme Court over a recent court order from a U.S. Magistrate limiting San Francisco’s recent desire to clear homeless encampments. “That’s a hell of a statement coming from a progressive Democrat from California that says we need help from the Supreme Court,” Newsom told Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff in a Dreamforce interview Wednesday, boasting about his new found sense of law and order.
“We own it,” Newsom said.
While Newsom appeared positively angry about the filth and homeless camps and would conditions in San Francisco, he’s a little late to this party. The people of San Francisco have been absolutely discouraged by his and San Francisco Mayor London Breed’s lack of interest in the city’s degradation, as well as the failing businesses, and the filth residents are forced to deal with daily.
Gavin Newsom has always vocalized concern for the homeless, but his actions never meet his claims. In 2020, Newsom said California homeless have been “failed by the country’s leaders. There’s nothing compassionate about allowing Californians to living on the street or in makeshift encampments.” His answer was to spend billions on “housing.”
“…despite spending nearly $23 Billion ($23,000,000,000) on California’s homeless housing, homelessness continues to grow in California,” the Globe reported in March. “According to the Public Policy Institute of California, ‘nationally, California has topped the list for the state with the largest homeless population for more than a decade. As of 2022, 30% of all people in the United States experiencing homelessness resided in California, including half of all unsheltered people (115,491 in California; 233,832 in the US).’”
“This is a solvable problem made impossible by a corrupt government,” a Sacramento source told the Globe.
Another source of homelessness in California also can squarely be blamed on Gov. Newsom. The governor has eagerly facilitated the prison early release program, letting thousands of violent felons and violent sex offenders out of California prisons. “California Gov. Gavin Newsom will be letting another 76,000 prisoners out of state prisons – on his own authority through Executive Order – violent crime is spiking in California’s cities,” the Globe reported May 2021. The CDCR expanded “good time credits” without criteria to justify early release of dangerous inmates. And out of prison they have gone, back onto the streets.
Gavin Newsom owns it – all of it – and remember, he wanted so desperately to be Governor of California that he challenged Jerry Brown in 2010, but had to settle for Lt. Governor. Newsom just wasn’t interested in having to deal with all of the state’s baggage.
Here’s a taste of the “garbage” under Newsom:
- California’s highest-in-the-country gas prices
- California is home to nearly 1/2 of the country’s homeless drug addicted vagrants
- California is home to 1/3 of the country’s welfare recipients
- California public school children are exposed and indoctrinated to dangerous sexualized curriculum
- Water rationing
- ever growing homeless population
- reparations for descendants of slaves
- Newsom signed AB 5, killing gig economy
- COVID mandatory vaccine bills
- Single Payer health coverage
- public school teachers strikes
- Government created energy shortage, rolling blackouts
- Huge crime wave, thanks to Proposition 47
- Gov. Newsom allocated $200M for abortion travel and care, and legalized infanticide
- Newsom’s COVID State of Emergency order from March 2020 until the end of February 2023
- Newsom’s Vaccine mandates for school children, days after opposing one for prison guards
- Gov. Newsom’s shakedown of the oil and gas industry, blaming “Big Oil” for California’s highest-in-the-nation gas prices, ignoring the package of “sweeping legislation” signed last September to achieve statewide carbon neutrality as soon as possible, and no later than 2045, by establishing an 85% emissions reduction target, capping oil wells, slowing oil and gas permitting, making it impossible to increase refining capacity, and entirely phasing out oil and gas starting in two years. So really, it’s California Democrat politicians and Gov. Newsom fleecing Californians at the pump. In March, lawmakers jammed SBX1-2, Gov. Gavin Newsom’s Gas Tax, through an expedited hearing, pretending that was enough exposure to the public, then debated the bill in the Assembly and voted on it.
- Gavin Newsom and his family vacationed in Montana – one of the 22 states on California’s list of state-banned travel. Two months later he flew to Texas (also on California’s state-banned travel list) to speak at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin. He traveled to Cabo and Costa Rica, all while his state lockdown orders were in place.
- The Globe reported in November 2021 that Gov. Gavin Newsom was missing in action for nearly two weeks – then the Globe was provided photos by a source as the Newsom family were seen in Cabo San Lucas vacationing at a $29,000/night dacha of a Russian oligarch.
- Gov. Gavin Newsom left the state in early March as thousands of desperate residents were trapped in snow-bound mountain communities where the National Guard failed to arrive as promised, Breitbart reported. People died trapped in their homes. It’s either just bad timing, or arrogant timing for the governor to take time off outside of the state. If he was on state business, then why not say so? If it was beach time, he’s even more contemptible than previously thought. San Bernardino County residents were told National Guard troops would arrive with food and supplies, but that did not occur, and mountain residents died. As the Globe reported, “Gov. Newsom Vacays in Baja as Snowed-In Californians Freeze.”
The Governor, who claims to run a “California for All,” says “the California Dream — the idea that every person can achieve a better life, regardless of where they start out — is central to who we are as Californians.”
Who are we as Californians? We are fed up with this narcissistic governor who has failed up his entire career, never having been properly vetted or challenged because of the state Democrat supermajority. And now Newsom is trying to distance himself from his own and his party’s policies destroying our state.
The grossly tone deaf Newsom thinks Tweets and soundbites are meaningful:
California's economy continues to grow—especially in the Bay Area—thanks to our talent, innovation, and values.
San Francisco's 10 biggest firms have a market value of $1.2 trillion—greater than Saudi Arabia's entire 2022 GDP. pic.twitter.com/O0pbwH8Wci
— Office of the Governor of California (@CAgovernor) September 14, 2023
“California’s economy continues to grow—especially in the Bay Area—thanks to our talent, innovation, and values. San Francisco’s 10 biggest firms have a market value of $1.2 trillion—greater than Saudi Arabia’s entire 2022 GDP,” Newsom tweeted.
Really? Is that his observation from the back of a party limousine?
Newsom bragged Wednesday he is “sending over $267 million to 55 cities and counties across the state to hire more police, make more arrests, and secure more felony charges against suspects.”
…because spending billions has worked so well in shithole cities which have defunded or cut police. This is how the Democrat grift works.
Rather than face California’s very serious problems, Gov. Newsom just announced “on Sunday, as part of his trip to New York for Climate Week, Governor Gavin Newsom will participate in the Climate Week NYC Opening Ceremony. Speaking with David Gelles of The New York Times for a discussion entitled, “Approaching the Climate Crisis Differently,” the Governor will announce new climate efforts the state is taking.”
Because the “new climate efforts the state is taking” will mitigate the filth, drugs, homeless, crime, crumbling infrastructure, gang-on-gang murders, and rampant corruption in California’s shithole cities.
Gavin is running away from California after participating in its demise since 1997. And it appears he can’t get away fast enough.
- Gov. Newsom’s Fib About California’s Highest-in-the-Nation Gas Prices - September 29, 2023
- LAUSD Board Finally Rescinds Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate for Employees - September 28, 2023
- OPINION: GOP Debate Brought to you by Political Consultants? - September 28, 2023